• Bachelor’s Degree from Jammu University (2008)
• English Literature
• General English
• Master’s Degree from Jammu University 2011
• M.Phil from Jammu University 2014
• Doctor of Philosophy from Jammu University Currently Pursuing (2015 – )
• Qualified UGC NET Twice (June 2012 & Dec. 2012)
• Has spent 5+ years researching Underground Literature in Contemporary Communist and Socialist Nations
• Has presented a few papers in various National and International Conferences and published a couple of papers in reputed journals
• A paper proposing a Modern Pychological Mode of Literary Criticism to be published in Essays in Criticism, published by Oxford University Press, in Fall 2016.
• Computer programmer with expert skills in C, the Gtk+2.0 libraries and Python
• Working independently on Natural Language Linguistic Pattern Recognition Models in Python
• Presented a paper entitled “The Forgotten Sufi Tradition of the Pashtuns: An Analytical Study of Selected Poems of Rahman Baba” at an International Seminar on “Poetry as Counter-Culture” at the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies, Shimla.
• Presented a paper entitled “ Of Trepidation in Tumultous Times and Political Perturbation: Literature as an instrument of Ideological Protest – A Study of Solzhenitsyn’s One Day” at an International Conference on The Impact of Social Change of English Language and Literature (TISCELL 2014) at Lingaya’s University, Faridabad.
• Presented a paper entitled “Against Absolute Aristocracy: An Evaluation of Insurrection, Sedition and Deception in Shakespeare’s Julius Caeser, Macbeth, Henry IV and The Tempest at the VIth International Seminar on The Republic in Shakespeare organized by the Department of English, University of Jammu.
• Presented a paper entitled “Cognate Alter-Egos in Paradigms of Programming Languages: An Analysis of Congruity and Contradistinction of the Android API from JAVA SE and JAVA ME” at the Regional Seminar on “Information Technology, Computer Research and Development – Emerging Paradigms in Modern World” organized by the Department of Computer Science and IT, Bhaderwah Campus, University of Jammu.
• Participated in Two DayWorkshop on Comparative Literature organized by the Department of English and Comparative Literature, Central University of Jammu.
• Presented a paper entitled “An Existential Epidemic or Absurd Affliction: The Exploration of Idenittity in Albert Camus’ The Plague” at an International Conference on The Quest for Identity in English Literature at Manav Rachna International University.
• Presented a paper entitled “The Emergence of Literature as a Challenge to the Politic: A Critical Study of Alexander Solzhenitsyn’s The Gulag Archipelago” in an International Conference on Literature, Language and Communication: An Essential Trident at Amity University, Lucknow Campus.
• “The Enigma of Exodus and Exile: Exploring Ethnicity, Tradition and Culture from a Contemporary Diasporic Perspective in Shyam Selvadurai’s Funny Boy” in Multiple Perspectives on Indian/Punjabi Diaspora: Identities, Locations and Intersections (2014) published by Punjabi University Patiala (ISBN 978-81-302-0267-9)
• “Thinking Beyond Freud: Towards a Modern Psychological Literary Criticism” in Essays in Criticism published by the Oxford University Press (to be published Fall 2016)
• “Against Absolute Aristocracy: An Evaluation of Insurrection, Sedition and Deception in Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, Macbeth, Henry IV and The Tempest” in Ashvamegh 13.2 (2016) ISSN: 2454-4574
For sample pages of these papers please see attached leaflets.
• Clover is a computer program which is designed to learn grammar models by discovering and analyzing linguistic patterns in large amounts of textual data. In simple words, it is a Computational Linguistic Self Training Pattern Simulation System.
• April is a Linux based operating system I wrote in 2006.
For demo code and further information, please see enclosed leaflets.
• I play the guitar, the keyboard, and record my own original songs. The complete list (25+ songs) is available on my website:
• I write poetry and short stories. I am currently working on a novel, which would have a terribly tragic ending.
• I love design – from designing a thesis, an algorithm, a graphic for a webpage, a script, anything. Shapes and colours excite me.
• Programming makes sense to me. I love to code and tune out the world.
• I am working on a Literary Theory which would be didactic and politically motivated, rather than merely aesthetic and purely ideological.